Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I have had an epiphany - Fujichrome Velvia results with digital! Woo hoo!



I have been playing around with Capture NX2, this software gets more impressive every time I experiment. I used to think Nikon forced you into getting it if you owned a DSLR and wanted to process NEF's, but it's far more than that.

For years, Fujichrome Velvia was THE landscape film for its phenomenal color saturation and sharpness. The original Velvia was ISO 50, the latest version is ISO 100. My last rolls of color slides were the ISO 100 version, they look fantastic when projected. Those days are gone, we now use and live with digital files on laptops.

I am quite happy with these, I came across these marsh images while beating my tired old Sentra over some bumpy and muddy roads in New Canada. Oh well, it was worth it.

The D80 with its 10.2 MP sensor provides plenty of detail and the 16-85mm VR is magic.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment