Thursday, April 16, 2009

Using a feature I never had before.......


I decided to get out my cute little SB-400 Speedlite, which is my back-up flash, and play with the fast flash synchronization of the D40. I have never had the luxury of being able to use flash at 1/500th second, it helps shorten distance since you can choose wider apertures.

A sunset seemed to be a tough challenge but the situation was tailor-made for Nikon's iTTL flash metering - exposure was 1/500th second @ f/11, notice how the immediate area near the camera is nicely-lit and balanced with the setting sun.

Yes, I did juice up the colors and contrast!

2 comments:

  1. Don't apologize for post processing. The photo is your vision, there's no reason to be so loyal to the exact image that a lens and a handful of electronic parts capture.

    One of these days I'll have to pick up a flash...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does Canon allow high-speed flash sync with some models? I tell you, there are many times when 1/125th sec or even 1/200th sec is not enough.

    ReplyDelete