Saturday, June 27, 2009

Showing a neighbor what a fast lens can do


My next-door neighbor happens to own a Nikon D40, she is just learning how to get the most from it. I was walking by and happened to have my Sigma 50-150 attached to mine. I demonstrated the art of shooting available-light imaging by taking a photo of her 4-year-old daughter. This was done at ISO 1600, wide-open, about 1/30th second. It's barely sharp, but it shows that a fast lens can do this sort of thing and capture the mood.

2 comments:

  1. I seriously need you to tutor me....I really need to get into this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I worked around that annoying Google thing for posting.

    The AF-S 35mm f/1.8 would be good for your needs, I know you want to take pics of your daughter without flash (it's sometimes not welcome) or just chasing her around the house.

    Keep asking questions, that's the way we all learn together.

    ReplyDelete