Monday, August 24, 2009

Struggling with macro work




I am still not 100% convinced the close-up lenses are the way to go when attached to a quality zoom; in theory, they can work extremely well and I have had good results, but it's very sporadic. The Canon 250D and 500D are the best on the market, I've had both, but I still linger about getting a dedicated macro lens.

I still cannot tell which of my two telephoto zooms is best for doing this kind of work; today, I was using the AF-S 70-300mm VR.

Compounding the frustration is the always-present wind and/or poor lighting. When I had a 1:1 macro lens years ago for film use, I seemed to get a higher percentage of keepers and that was in the days of being ruthless with editing my slides.

The current season is almost over, autumn awaits, and I'll keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment