Sunday, November 7, 2010

Cresting waters in Pinehurst











This is is simply astonishing, the rain has been coming steadily for over three days and there is still more in the forecast. I cannot recall seeing as much water in a short period of time in my life. We have had floods, before, helped out by late-winter snow and ice, but thus is 100% downpour.

I knew the light would be available a bit earlier as the time changed, I wanted to see how high the water was in Pinehurst along the edge of Trunk 10. I took my Nikon 12-24mm with me to church services, as I knew I would need its sweeping coverage to capture what was happening. Even with dour overcast light at 7:30am, I was able to get these interesting captures to hopefully show you the magnitude of the weather system.

A mixture of color and b/w files seemed to be appropriate.

If it continues to rain much longer, Trunk 10 will be closed as the waters will reach flood levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment