Saturday, February 20, 2010

More fun with my UWA - landscapes








I think I have had enough of "testing" the Nikon 12-24mm zoom. I knew of one great location to capture the sweeping landscape - the Hunts Point Government Wharf - I was just hoping it would be low tide when I arrived, my efforts were rewarded.

I am happy with the lens, it does its job very nicely. It doesn't seem pin-sharp like the 16-85mm VR but, from experiences with my older Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 prime in the days of film, ultra-wide angle lenses just are not as sharp by design. An exception would be the Nikon 14-24mm which is legendary but that lens is designed for full-frame DSLR's and a huge outlay of cash is needed for the FX format.

The main reason for getting the 12-24mm is for real estate work, I should have an advantage as most agents don't even own a DSLR let alone an UWA for this kind of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment