Sunday, July 19, 2009

Bright sunny evening - yes, I can work with that!







Most of the time, a bright sunny day is almost useless for any type of photography; too much contrast, too many shadows, just plain awful lighting. Software can help, especially Nikon's D-Lighting technology, but it's best to simply avoid this kind of shooting if possible.

However, I was able to make it work, tonight - I did stumble upon some interesting subject matter and made the best of what was offered. The osprey was a bonus, I was not even aware the nest was there. I now need some kind-hearted soul to spring for the Nikon AF-S 200-400mm f/4 VR so I can take up birding more seriously (it's only $7000, someone must be able to help me!), although my humble 70-300mm VR worked just fine in this situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment